June, Deep Learning Workshop, Samsung, Montreal
June, Statistical View of Deep Learning,
April, Deep Learning workshop, Naver, Seoul
April, Deep Learning Summit, Samsung, Seoul
April, Machine Learning Department, CMU
March, CSE, University of Washington
Jan 22, Fields Institute, Deep Learning,
Thematic Program on Statistical Inference, Learning, and Models for Big Data.
- Jan 16, UC Berkeley, Image Caption Generation Workshop.
- Nov 10-11, Samsung, Seoul, Korea
- Oct 20, Johns Hopkins University
- Aug 24, Deep Learning Tutorial, KDD
- July, Microsoft Faculty Summit
- June 15, Machine Learning Summer School, Beijing
- June 11, Conference of the ASA Section
on Statistical Learning and Data
Mining, Duke University.
- May 26, 2104, Statistical Society of Canada, Toronto
- May 8 2014,
Google DeepMind, London, UK
- May 7 2014,
Dept. of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- May 5, 2104, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
- April 2, Department of Computer Science, Duke University
- March 14, Department of Computer Science, UCLA
- March 13, Department of Computer Science, University of New Mexico
- March 7, BIRS Workshop on Advances in Scalable Bayesian Computation, Banff
- Feb 10, 2014, BIRS Workshop on Statistical and Computational
Theory and Methodology
for Big Data Analysis, Banff
- Dec 11, 2013, eBay, San Jose.
- Nov 24, 2013, Workshop on
Learning Data Representation: Hierarchies and Invariance, MIT
- Nov 10, 2013, Workshop on Information-Based Induction Sciences (IBIS), Tokyo, Japan.
- Oct 18, Keynote Speaker, 2nd Rochester Big Data Forum, Rochester
- Sep 20, University of Waterloo
- Aug 3, 2013, Joint Statistical Meeting, Session on Recent Developments in High-dimensional Statistical Learning.
- July 15, Microsoft Faculty Summit, Redmond.
- June 21, ICML workshop on Representation Learning, Atlanta.
- May 13-15, NSF Workshop on Computational Models of Cognition, Arlington.
- May 4, 2013, International Conference on Learning Representations
- April 16, TTI Chicago
- April 7, 2013,
Tutorial on Deep Learning at
International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging.
- March 18, 2013 Microsoft Research, Redmond.
- Jan 28, 2013, Harvard University
NIPS 2012 Workshop on Deep Learning and Unsupervised Feature Learning,
Lake Tahoe, Nevada, Dec 7, 2012.
- Oct 25, 2012
Department of Statistics and Computer Science, Purdue University.
- Aug 9, 2012
Ebay Research, San Jose, CA.
- Aug 8, 2012
Google Research, Mountain View, CA.
- Aug 7, 2012
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley.
- July 23-25, 2012
IPAM summer school, UCLA.
- June 26, 2012
ISBA World Meeting,
Talk at the Special Topic Session on Adaptive Monte Carlo,
- June 17, 2012
CVPR, Providence, Rhode Island,
Deep Learning Tutorial.
- May 31, 2012,
Invited Talk at the
International Workshop on
Perspectives on High-dimensional Data Analysis, Montreal.
- May 11, 2012, Guest Lecture for COGS 200: Back propagation 25 years later,
UC San Diego.
- April 16, 2012 Invited Talk, NSF Automatic Machine Learning Workshop, Washington D.C.
- March 31 - April 1, 2012
Invited Talk at the International Workshop on Statistical Machine Learning for Speech Processing, Kyoto, Japan.
- March 30, 2012
Tokyo Institute of Technology. Department of Computer Science
- March 2, 2012
Seminar Series in Computational Statistics, Department of Statistics, University of Guelph
- Dec 16-17: Invited talk at the NIPS 2011 Workshop on Beyond Mahalanobis: Supervised Large-Scale Learning of Similarity, Sierra Nevada, Spain.
- Dec 16-17: Contributed talk at the NIPS 2011 Workshop on Domain Adaptation: Theory and Applications. , Sierra Nevada, Spain.
- Dec 9-10, CIFAR NCAP Workshop, Granada, Spain.
- Dec 1-2: Invited talk at the 2011 Symposium on Advances in Intelligent Systems, University of Waterloo.
- Aug 2-6, 2100
Tutorial on Learning Rich Generative Models at the CIFAR summer school 2011, University of Toronto
- July 6-16i, 2011
Guest lecture at the IPAM Graduate Summer School: Probabilistic Models of Cognition, UCLA
- July 2, 2011
ICML 2011 Workshop on Unsupervised and Transfer Learning, Bellevue, Washington.
- June 5-6, 2011
Workshop on Infusing Statistics and Engineering, Harvard University
- May 11, 2011
Yahoo Research, New York
- April 20, 2011
Department of Statistics, Stanford
- April 11-12, 2011
Machine Learning Department, CMU
- Mar 31 - Apr 1, 2011
- Mar 24-25, 2011
Computer Science Department, Princeton University
- Mar 8-9, 2011
Computer Science Department, Stanford
- Mar 3-4, 2011
Department of Statistics, University of Toronto
- Mar 1, 2011
Department of Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University
- Feb 24, 2011
Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago
- Feb 21, 2011
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
- Feb 17-18, 2011
Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington
- Feb 14-15, 2011
Computer Science Department, UMass Amherst
- Feb 7-8, 2011
Computer Science, Harvard University
- October 6, 2011
Pattern Theory Lunch Seminar Series, Applied Math, Brown University
- October 1, 2011
Artificial Intelligence Seminar, Cornell University
- Aug 10, 2010
The 43rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Psychology (MathPsych 2010), Portland, Oregon
One-Shot Learning with Hierarchical Bayes
- July 10, 2010
Cognitive and Neural Models for Automated Processing of Speech and Text (CONAS 2010), Ghent, Belgium
Invited talk: Learning Deep Boltzmann Machines
- May 7, 2010
Center for Brain Science, Harvard University
- Apr 17, 2010
24th New England Statistics Symposium, Harvard University
- Mar 25, 2010
Machine Learning Lunch, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Jan 19, 2010
- Dec 12, 2009
NIPS 2009 Workshop on the Generative and Discriminative Learning Interface
Invited Talk: Learning Feature Hierarchies by Learning Generative Models
- Dec 2, 2009
Stochastic Systems Group, MIT.
- October 21, 2011
CBCL Seminar, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, MIT
- October 13, 2011
Vision Seminar, CSAIL, MIT
- July 8, 2009
Deep Learning Workshop, Gatsby, UCL
- April 2009
Invited Talk: Deep Boltzmann Machines
- March 2009
Microsoft Research, Redmond
2008 and Earlier
- Dec 2008
NIPS 2008 Workshop on Approximate inference - How far have we come?
Invited Talk: Learning and Evaluating Boltzmann Machines
- Oct 2007
Workshop on Numerical Tools and Fast Algorithms for Massive Data Mining, Search Engines and Applications. , IPAM, UCLA
Invited Talk: Deep Belief Networks with applications to Fast Document Retrieval
- June 2007
MS-MITACS Joint Conference
Invited Talk: Nonlinear Dimensionality Reduction
- March 2007
Invited Talk: Deep Belief Nets
- Dec 2006
NIPS06 workshop on Novel Applications of Dimensionality Reduction
Invited Talk: Nonlinear Dimensionality Reduction