AboutI recently graduated from the department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto under the excellent supervision of Geoffrey Hinton. I am now a Research Scientist at Google in the Brain team. My interests lie in Machine Learning and Bioinformatics. I am currently pursuing research in algorithms for Deep Learning and in automated feature discovery in speech.
Here are links to some selected recent research projects and software (see Google scholar profile for a more detailed list).
- My PhD thesis - Exploring Deep Learning Methods for Discovering Features in Speech Signals.
- INTERSPEECH 2014 paper on how multiframe predictions can significantly improve performance of DNN-HMM systems.
- Paper, and presentation slides on a method to create augmented datasets for training neural networks on audio data. In Deep Learning for Audio, Speech and Language Processing, ICML 2013
- Paper on using an autoencoder with deformable template parts to discover features in speech. In Interspeech 2013
- Tech report, paper, and poster (in Interspeech 2012) on work I did at Google using Deep Neural Networks for Acoustic Modeling in speech recognition systems. This technology is now in use in Google Voice Search on Android and other platforms.
- Paper on using Transforming Autoencoders for feature discovery (NIPS 2011 Workshop on Deep Learning and Unsupervised Feature Learning)
- Paper on discovering features in raw speech signals that can be used to achieve high speech recognition accuraccy.
- Cryobayes: An algorithm for 3D Reconstruction of Macromolecular Structure from Electron Cryo Microscopy data. See paper in Bioinformatics.
- Decon2LS: a software tool for automatic analysis of high resolution mass spectral data. (Reference).
- MultiAlign: a software tool for finding mass spectral features common to multiple mass spectral analyses.
- Wiki Link
ndjaitly AT cs DOT toronto DOT edu
Dept of Computer Science
Pratt Bldg, Room 275
6 King's College Rd
University of Toronto
Toronto, ON M5S 3G4, Canada
Department of Computer Science
University of Toronto
3302-10 King's College Road
Toronto, Ontario CANADA M5S 3G4*