To the right is the most flattering picture of myself I could find. It also has the advantage that it perfectly encapsulates my relationship with chocolate.
Here are the courses I’m teaching in the 2016-2017 academic year.
- CSC148: Introduction to Computer Science (Fall 2016)
- CSC263: Data Structures and Analysis (Fall 2016)
- CSC165: Mathematical Expression and Reasoning for Computer Science (Winter 2017)
My life so far
I did my undergraduate studies in Mathematics at the University of Waterloo, primarily with these fantastic people, and would not be where I am today without the inspiration and support of Levent Tuncel and Andrew Childs.
After I graduated, I moved right around the corner from the best cafe in Toronto. I completed a Master’s degree in the Computer Science Theory Group at the University of Toronto under the supervision of Toni Pitassi and Steve Cook. In July 2015, I joined the department permanently as a teaching-stream faculty member.
Other things about me
- My favourite local band.
- My realtor of choice. (Hi, mom!)
- I sometimes do these for fun.
- I recently had headshots for the department website. There is an Easter egg hidden here.
My office is located in the Bahen Centre, room 4260. I’m usually in my office during the day – if you see my door open, please feel free to stop by for a chat! (But for an extra guarantee, send me an email to set up an appointment.)
My email address is david at cs dot toronto dot edu. Please include a descriptive subject line if you try to contact me - otherwise I can’t guarantee the co-operation of my spam filter.