MoL 2019: Mathematics of Language
18-19 Jul 2019
Toronto ON, Canada
16th Meeting on the Mathematics of Language (MOL 2019)
July 18-19, 2019
First Call for Papers
The Association for Mathematics of Language invites submissions to its biennial conference, MOL, which will be held July 18-19, 2019 at at the University of Toronto. The local organizing committee is chaired by Gerald Penn.
MOL is devoted to the study of mathematical structures and methods that are of importance to the description of language. Contributions to all areas of this field are welcome. Specific topics within the scope of the conference include, but are not limited to the following:
- formal and computational analysis of linguistic theories and frameworks
- learnability of formal grammars
- proof-theoretic, model-theoretic and type-theoretic methods in linguistics
- mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to language analysis
- formal models of language use and language change
MOL invites the submission of papers on original, substantial, completed, and unpublished research. Each submission will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. Papers presented at the conference will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be published in the ACL Anthology.
All submissions must follow the style set out in the conference style files, which are available at the conference website. They must not exceed twelve (12) pages of technical content, but may have an unlimited number of extra pages for references.
Simultaneous submission to other conferences is allowed, provided that the authors indicate which other conferences the paper is submitted to. A paper is accepted on the condition that it will not be presented at any other venue.
MOL uses the EasyChair conference management system for submission, reviewing
and preparation of proceedings:
Submissions must be uploaded to this system electronically in PDF format no
later than (end of day, Anywhere on Earth)
April 22 April 29, 2019.
Please note that the reviewing process will not be double-blind. The authors' identity will be visible to the reviewers on the EasyChair system.
- Paper submission deadline:
April 22April 29, 2019
- Notification of acceptance:
May 31June 7, 2019
- Camera-ready copy deadline:
June 14June 21, 2019
- Meeting: July 18-19, 2019
- Philippe de Groote, Program Chair (INRIA Nancy - Grand Est, France)
- Frank Drewes, Program Co-chair (Umeå University, Sweden)
- Gerald Penn, Local Chair (University of Toronto, Canada)
- David Chiang (University of Notre Dame, USA)
- Alexander Clark (King's College London, UK)
- Valeria de Paiva (Nuance Communications, USA)
- Carlos Gómez-Rodríguez (University of A Coruña, Spain)
- Jeffrey Heinz (Stony Brook University, USA)
- Makoto Kanazawa (Hosei University, Japan)
- Greg Kobele (Leipzig University, Germany)
- Marco Kuhlmann (Linköping University, Sweden)
- Giorgio Magri (CNRS, France)
- Andreas Maletti (Leipzig University, Germany)
- Jens Michaelis (Bielefeld University, Germany)
- Glyn Morrill (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain)
- Larry Moss (Indiana University, Bloomington, USA)
- Reinhard Muskens (Tilburg University, The Netherlands)
- Jim Rogers (Earlham College, USA)
- Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh (Queen Mary University of London, UK)
- Anssi Yli-Jyrä (University of Helsinki, Finland)