Rick Hehner's top 10
- E.C.R.Hehner: a Practical Theory of Programming, Springer, New York, 1993;
the current edition, 6+244 pages, can be downloaded FREE right here.
Also published in Chinese by Science Press, Beijing, 2010, and online.
The course Formal Methods of Software Design based on the book is available online free.
- E.C.R.Hehner: a Probability Perspective, Formal Aspects of Computing
v.23 n.4 p.391-419, 2011 and here is a video.
- E.C.R.Hehner: from Boolean Algebra to Unified
Algebra, the Mathematical Intelligencer v.26 n.2 p.3-19, 2004. The details can be found in
E.C.R.Hehner: Unified Algebra,
International Journal of Mathematical Sciences v.1 n.1 p.20-37, 2007. Here
is a video.
- E.C.R.Hehner: Portation, a transportation system design, 20 pages, 1971-now
- E.C.R.Hehner: ProTem, a programming system design, 54 pages, 1987-now
- E.C.R.Hehner: Specifications, Programs, and
Total Correctness, Science of Computer Programming v.34 p.191-205,
- E.C.R.Hehner: Beautifying Gödel, chapter 18 in Feijen, vanGasteren,
Gries, Misra (ed.): Beauty is our Business, Springer-Verlag silver
series, New York, p.163-172, 1990
translated into a Spanish version by Pablo Ventura
- E.C.R.Hehner: Epimenides, Gödel, Turing: an Eternal Gölden Twist. 19 pages, Springer Nature Computer Science v.1 p.308, 2020 September. I have several more papers on the Halting Problem. Here
is a video. Here is the SNCS version.
- E.C.R.Hehner, T.S.Norvell, R.F.Paige: High-Level Circuit Design, chapter 18 in Programming Methodology, p.381-412, Springer, 2003;
tutorial version 2017 February 7; short course
- E.C.R.Hehner, R.N.S.Horspool: a New
Representation of the Rational Numbers for Fast Easy Arithmetic,
SIAM Journal on Computation v.8 n.2 p.124-134, 1979 May.
And the more recent paper Number Representation, 2019 May 6. Here
is a video.