WelcomeI am a PhD student with the Department of Computer Science at the University of Toronto. I am a member of the Computer Systems & Networks Research Group, advised by Professor Angela Demke Brown.
I completed my M.Sc. in Computer Science at the University of Toronto with Professor Renée J. Miller in January of 2015. My thesis was titled " A Survey of Recommendation Approaches and New Applications of Recommendations to Data Science". I received my Engineering Degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering from the Technical University of Crete (Chania, Crete, Greece) under the supervision of Professor Antonios Deligiannakis, in August 2012. My thesis was titled "A Rich Media Mobile Web Application for Visitors and the Community of the Technical University of Crete".
Pytheas: Pattern-based Table Discovery in CSV Files [10 minute video] [GitHub]
Christina Christodoulakis, Eric Munson, Moshe Gabel, Angela D. Brown & Renée J. Miller. Full paper, PVLDB 2020
Making Open Data Transparent: Data Discovery on Open Data
Renée J. Miller, Fatemeh Nargesian, Eric Zhu, Christina Christodoulakis, Ken Q. Pu, and Periklis Andritsos. Full paper, IEEE Data Eng. Bull. 2018
Barriers to Adoption of Information Technology in Healthcare
Christina Christodoulakis, Azin Asgarian, Steve Easterbrook. Full paper, CASCON 2017
VIQS: Visual Interactive Exploration of Query Semantics
Christina Christodoulakis, Eser Kandogan, Ignacio Terrizzano, and Renée J. Miller. Full paper, ACM ESIDA 2017.
LabBook: Metadata-driven Social Collaborative Data Analysis
Eser Kandogan, Mary Roth, Peter Schwarz, Joshua Hui, Ignacio Terrizzano, Christina Christodoulakis, and Renée J. Miller. Full paper, IEEE BigData 2015
VizCurator: a Visual Tool for Curating Open Data
Bahar Ghadiri Bashardoost, Christina Christodoulakis, Soheil Hassas Yeganeh, Oktie Hassanzadeh, Renée J. Miller and Kelly Lyons. Demo paper, 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2015
VoidWiz: Resolving Incompleteness Using Network Effects
Christina Christodoulakis, Christos Faloutsos, and Renée J. Miller. Demo paper, 30th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2014
- Wolfond Scholarship in Wireless Information Technology, 2020-2021
- VLDB Registration Support, 2020
- Bell Graduate Scholarship, 2020-21
- General Motors Women in Science and Mathematics Award, 2020
- General Motors Women in Science and Mathematics Award, 2019
- Doctoral Completion Award, 2019
- Alexander Graham Bell Canada NSERC CGS D Scholarship, 2016-2018.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), 2014-2015.
- Service Distinction Award. Computer Science, University of Toronto, 2016.
- Guaranteed full Ph.D. funding from Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto.
- Guaranteed full M.Sc. funding from Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto.
- Performance Fellowship Award. Technical University of Crete, 2008-2009.
Curriculum VitaeIf you are viewing from a mobile device click here.
Department of Computer Science
Bahen Center for Information Technology
University of Toronto
40 St. George Street, Room BA5214
Toronto ON M5S 2E4
Email: christina at cs dot toronto dot edu