| Jay Zuo ||M-F 2-6|| Sina Rezaeizadeh ||M, R 3-6; W 2-4|
|Jesse Cordeiro ||W, F 6-8|| Michelle Xia ||M-R 4-6|
| Jin Fang * ||M-F 9-6; Sun|| Heh-Ree Lee ||M, W 12-6; T 4-9; Sat, Sun 12-4|
| Zhiyang Wei ||T 12-3; R 10-4; F|| Jeremy Chinsen ||M, R 1-3|
| Yiran Wang * ||M-R 2-6|| Dorota Sendorek * ||R, W, F 6-9; Sat, Sun|
| Lisa Chen ||W, F 6-9; Sat, Sun|| Yoona Park * ||F, Sat 12-4|
||M 6:10-8:00 in CDF Labs (read the Info Sheet for more details)|
||R 6:10-9:00 in |TZ6 SF1105; on June 9 in BA1130
||R 10:10-12:00 in BA4222|
||T, R 16:00-18:00 in BA2230|
||For the course syllabus, grading scheme, and other important notes, click here (requires reading).|
- July 30, The test cases of A2 is updated.
- July 28: The extra office hours are held from 10 to 11 on July 29.
- July 24: Final exam is held on Aug 11, from 7 to 10 pm in BA1160; cover page here; reference sheets here.
- July 16: List of mentors updated; Last day for Peer Instructions is Tues, Aug 9.
- July 13: You can now pick up your Quiz07 from BA 4208, 9 to 1 and 2 to 4:30.
- July 13: Test 2's cover page and the reference sheets are available here and here.
- June 10: Lab room assignment has changed. Please see the Info Sheet for the new assignment.
- June 8: You can pick up your quizzes from BA4208, 9 to 1 and 2 to 5.
- May 18: The lecture room changes from TZ6 to SF1105 for rest of the term,
, except for June 9 that we meet in BA1130.
- May 10: Welcome to CSC148 Summer 2016! Please read the Info Sheet before going to the first lecture.
|The following table will be updated regularly with more details.
|W||Topics ||Lab||Lecture||More Readings and Resources|
|1||class plan, Python review ||none ||lec01_1p|
|Rampup slides, function desgin recipe|
TLCS: classes/objects, Rectangle Exercise
|2||design roadmap, properties, intro to ood ||lab01|
|Python data model, Quiz01, Point Exercise|
point_api.py, point.py, Documentation Style
TLCS: inheritance, is-a vs has-a
|3||abstraction, inheritence, class Stack ||none ||lec03_1p|
|class design recipe, list comprehensions|
Rational Exercise, Shape Exercise
Assignment 1 and its starter code
|4||class Container, unnittest, intro to linked lists ||lab02|
|rational.py, (shape.py, square.py, triangle.py)|
sample_test, another_test, and another
(Container, Stack, Sack, TestStack), Quiz02
|5||Test 1 (June 9 in BA1130), linked lists, wrapper||lab03|
|Quiz03, TLCS: linked lists, linked list v0|
|6||A1 due: June 17 at 4:30pm, recursion||lab04|
|Quiz04, Sample PI Report, A1 test cases|
Recursion Exercise, Tree Burst
| ||break (June 20-24) ||none||none||none|
|7||recursive functions/programs, binary trees ||lab05|
|Quiz05, Assignment2 and its starter code|
implement class Tree: sample sol imports Queue
complete these more exercises on trees
|8||binary trees (continued), bst ||lab06|
|Quiz06, Complete BinaryTree implementation|
TLCS: Binary Trees
Optional: CBC Spark: computational sarcasm detection
|9||Test 2 (July 14 in SF1105), bst delete||lab07|
|Quiz07, BST functions|
|10||A2 due: July 22 at 4:30pm, efficiency||lab08|
|Quiz08, Final exam: cover page and reference sheets|
Optional: CBC Spark: build your own Siri
|Quiz09, A2 test cases(updated)|
|12||efficiency of recursive algorithms, hash functions ||none||lec12_1p|
| ||A2 demo/interview: August 8 in labs||lab10 ||none|
Help Centre: every Tuesday and Thursday at 4:00|
PyCharm Installation and Troubleshooting
Think Like a Computer Scientist (TLCS)
MyBB Discussion Forum
Medical certification form|
Test re-mark form
Special consideration form
Paper-based class interaction