Tijmen Tieleman's Curriculum Vitae
- September 2005 - November 2012, estimated: PhD at the University of Toronto, department of computer science, in the machine learning group, under supervision by Geoff Hinton.
- Selected courses, graduate level, besides machine learning: probability theory, theory of logic and computation, programming graphics cards for
- September 2002 - May 2005: BA at University College Utrecht, Utrecht University. Specializations: psychology, anthropology, mathematics.
- January 2004 - May 2004: One semester on exchange at the University of California, Berkeley,
mostly in its department of computer science.
- September 1996 - June 2002. Secondary education: Christelijk Gymnasium, in Utrecht. Specializations: mathematics, physics, chemistry.
- September 2005 - present: Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant at the Department of Computer Science of
the University of Toronto.
- Research in machine learning (a discipline within artificial intelligence).
- Several peer-reviewed published papers.
- Public speaking experiece (presenting scientific findings to experts).
- Extensive experience teaching one-on-one and in small groups. Some experience teaching groups of roughly 30 students.
- Subjects: mostly computer programming and compute science theory, including algorithms; some specializations such as machine learning and graphics.
- Students: mostly first and second year students; some third and fourth year students.
- November 2011 - present: private tutor for several first and second year students of Computer Science at the University of Toronto.
- May - July 2007: Internship with Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA, USA, in the TMSN group, under supervision by Chris Burges.
- November 2004 - May 2005: Teaching mathematics: helping an exam year high school student who also specializes in mathematics.
- September 2002 - May 2004: Computer programmer. Part-time, during school seasons. For Stichting
Other experience: Programming contests
Back to home page