Author Rebuttal Phase
During this phase, authors receive an email with the reviews for their papers
and can enter a brief response.
Functionalities Offered During this Phase (by User Type)
- Authors: Can view their submitted papers but cannot edit any of the paper information they
have already submitted. Can enter a response for reviews that have been received for their papers.
- Reviewers: Reviewers can view their reviews but cannot edit them any longer or change
- Area Chairs: Can view the papers assigned to them and the available reviews. Can enter or modify reviews
for papers to which they were assigned as reviewers and can
view author-submitted responses to reviewer comments. Can email reviewers in response to
reviewer comments and initiate further discussions. Area chairs can also fill out an area chair recommendation form with
their accept/reject recommendation, can mark papers for discussion or recommend a paper for an
- Administrators: Send to authors an email with the reviews received for their
papers. The emails do not identify the reviewers and omit other confidential information
in the reviews.
Preparations BEFORE This Phase Begins
- Make sure that all (or most) reviews are in the system. This is not
a system requirement but it is desirable since otherwise this phase would
not be particularly useful...
Switching to the Rebuttal Phase
Log in as octadmin and perform the following steps:
Be sure to read
the help pages for these two scripts before running them.
The 'Current Phase Parameters' on the Administrator menu remain unchanged, i.e., they should be equal to (closed,submit)
To verify that the change occured, log in as a reviewer and verify that reviews cannot be modified or log in as
author and verify that the author workshpace allows submission of responses to reviews.