If you will indulge me a bit and allow conference publications, TV appearances, and TV appearances of formulas, it's true!
A person's Erdős-Bacon number is the sum of the person's Erdős and Bacon numbers.
- P. Erdős, R. J. McEliece, H. Taylor. Ramsey bounds for graph products. Pacific J. Math. 37 (1971),
- S. Aji, H. Jin, A. Khandekar, D. J. C. MacKay, R. J. McEliece. BSC thresholds for code ensembles based on "typical pairs" decoding. Codes, systems, and graphical models (1999)
- B. J. Frey, D. J. C. MacKay. A Revolution: Belief Propagation in Graphs with Cycles. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 10 (1998)
- K. Achan, S. T. Roweis, A. Hertzmann, B. Frey. A Segment-Based Probabilistic Generative Model of Speech. In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (2005)
- M. Guerzhoy and A. Hertzmann. Learning Latent Factor Models of Travel Data for Travel Prediction and Analysis. In Proc. of the Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence (2014)
- M. Guerzhoy's formula and Erica Johnson appeared in "Canada's Restaurant Secrets," Marketplace, CBC (2014)
- Erica Johnson and Gabrielle Rose appeared in The 12th Annual Leo Awards (2010)
- Gabrielle Rose and Kevin Bacon appeared in Where the Truth Lies (2005)