Anthony Bonner's Home Page
Current and Recent Teaching:
- Machine Learning and Data Mining (fall 2017, spring 2007, fall 2005)
- Numerical Methods (spring 2018, 2017, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006)
- Kernel Methods and Support Vector Machines (spring 2017, fall 2014, 2011, 2009, 2007)
- Introduction to Neural Networks and Machine Learning (spring 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012)
- Principles of Programming Languages (fall 2016, 2014, 2013, spring 2011, 2010, 2009)
- Convex Optimization (Topics in Computer Science, fall 2010, 2008, 2006)
CSC310 - Information Theory (spring 2008)
- Database Management Systems (1991-2006).
- Principles of Programming Languages (1992-2003).
- Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis (1999-2003).
CSC228 - File Structures and Data Management (1992-1998).
Current Research Interests:
machine learning and data mining
bioinformatics and computational biology
Earlier Research Interests:
Transaction Logic software:
basic (sequential) Transaction Logic
plus concurrency and communication
plus exception handling
Dr. Bonner was born in London, England, and raised in Ontario, Canada.
After receiving his B.Sc. in Mathematics and Physics from the
University of Toronto, he worked in signal processing and underwater
acoustics at the Defence Research Establishment Atlantic, in Nova
Scotia, Canada. He received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer
Science from Rutgers University, in 1990 and 1991, respectively. He
was a post-doctoral fellow at INRIA-Rocquencourt, in France, and an
assistant professor of computer science at Indiana University,
Bloomington. Since 1991, he has been a faculty member at the
University of Toronto, where he is now an associate professor of
computer science and a member of the Collaborative
Graduate Program in Genome Biology and Bioinformatics (CGPGBB).
In 1999, he was a visiting professor in the Department of Computer and
Information Science at the University of Pennsylvannia.
Anthony J. Bonner
Department of Computer Science
University of Toronto
Bahen Centre for Information Technology
40 St George St, Room 5230
Canada M5S 2E4
Email: bonner [at] cs [dot] toronto [dot] edu