Research Interests: 1. Computational Complexity.
2. Algorithms and Discrete Mathematics.
3. Algebraic Automata Theory.
I am a postdoc in the Theory Group of the University of Toronto, until August 2012. I was a member of the School of Mathematics at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, in 2008-2009, with the group of Avi Wigderson. Before that, I was a graduate student in the School of Computer Science, at McGill University, Montreal from 2002 to 2008, advised by Denis Thérien. I got my undergraduate degree in Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 1994.
From 1995 to 2002, I was in the industry of developing software for telecommunications applications.
Publicatons:Note that the usual copyright restrictions apply for the information provided below
15. "Lower Bounds for Interactive Compression by Constant-Depth Circuits", with Rahul Santhanam, to appear in the 53rd IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS), 2012.
14. "The NOF Multiparty Communication Complexity of Composed Functions", with Anil Ada, Omar Fawzi, and Phuong Nguyen, ECCC Link, to appear in the 39th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP), Warwick, UK, 2012.
13. "The Hardness of Being Private", with Anil Ada, Stephen Cook, Lila Fontes, Michal Koucky and Toniann Pitassi, to appear in 27th IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity (CCC), 2012.
9. "Graph Isomorphism is not AC^0 Reducible to Group Isomorphism", with Jacobo Torán and Fabian Wagner, ECCC Link, Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science (FSTTCS), 2010, Chennai, India.
4. "Languages with Bounded Multiparty Communication Complexity", with Andreas Krebs, Michal Koucky, Mario Szegedy, Pascal Tesson and Denis Thérien, ECCC Link, 24th Annual Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS), Aachen, 2007.