Trans-Siberian Railway, the six-day, 9446-km journey from Moscow to the
Pacific Ocean. The Trans-Siberian Railroad links most
of Ural, southern-Siberia and the Far East's major cities:
Chelyabinsk, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Novokuznetsk, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Khabarovsk,
- Train schedules
(1996-97). Send comments to Mikhail Bykov: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith West's illustrated travelogue
Across Russia on the
Trans-Siberian Railroad contains detailed diary and
travel tips. Send comments to Keith West: email@example.com
- Pictures of the Trans Siberian Train Beijing (Peking)-Moscow, China and
Moscow provided by
Herbert Groot Jebbink. His site in Amsterdam (Netherland) contains
a lot of usefull information related to this trans-continental railway.
Pictures are maintened with the permission of the author
on the Friends and Partners server
(© Copyright Herbert Groot Jebbink, firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Dining car (by Robert Strauss; Lonely Planet's collection).
Novosibirsk Train Station (from
Keena Costlow's collection -
Southern Methodist University, Foreign Language Learning Center. E-mail:
- Siberian Countryside 1 (from Keena Costlow's collection)
- Siberian Countryside 2 (from Keena Costlow's collection)
- Siberian Countryside 3 (from Keena Costlow's collection)
- Lake Baikal, located in the south central part of Siberia, is the world's deepest lake (5712 ft). Lake Baikal is known for the remarkable clarity of its waters and for the great diversity of its plant and animal life.
Lake Baikal Sunset (from Keena Costlow's collection)
Lake Baikal 2 (from Keena Costlow's collection)
Lake Baikal 3 (from Keena Costlow's collection)
House in Baikalsk, a town at the Lake Baikal
(Copyright Andrew Humphreys; Lonely Planet's collection).
- Ulan Ude is a big city to the east from the Lake Baikal. This city is
country's center of Buddhism:
a temple (by Andrew Humphreys; Lonely Planet's collection).
Vladivostok and the Far East of Russia.
Russia's Trans-Siberian Railway from the official site of the
Russian National Tourist Office.
touroperator for travel by Transsiberian express to Mongolia and
China and by Kazachstan express to Almaty and from Almaty to Urumqi.
Specialist in taylor-made travel. All service is provided only in
Dutch. Tour-agency is located in Amsterdam, Holland. Contact person:
Wim van Gammeren email@example.com
If you know a hyper-link to a site with photos not mentioned
here, please inform !
Impressions of Cyberia.
More information about
Russia and the Former USSR.
If you would like to see more pictures, please go back to:
<Petersburg and the North-West>
<Far East of Russia>